Much has happened in the blogging scene over the years. With Google’s constant updates, blogging in 2019 looks a lot different than how it was several years ago. The demand for quality content has increased and you lose if you don’t keep up.
Blogging in 1999
Would you believe that in 1999, there were only 23 blogs online? And just a short 7 years after that, it shot up to a whopping 50 million. The earlier blogs were mostly political, and it’s nothing like the plethora of weblogs you see online today.
Nowadays, a blog exists pretty much on any topic you can think of. The challenge to keep ahead is getting harder and harder.
With this to consider, should you start a blog in 2019? We think there are more pros than cons.
Here’s why you should blog in 2019:
- Content is king. If there’s any remote possibility that you’d like to succeed in your digital marketing efforts, creating great content is your best friend. And what great way to showcase your content than by having your own niche-related blog?
- It’s a great way to grow your community. If you’re just starting and you want to grow your business, blogging can be your way to meet people who are interested in what you have to offer. These people can start as readers and then become real customers.
- Increase authority in your chosen field. A lot of what we call experts nowadays started from blogging about their field. It’s a great avenue to showcase what you know about your niche. If you’re good, people will start noticing it and soon enough, they will think what you have to say is relevant and will want to come back for more.
- You can earn money from it. One of the more irresistible charms of blogging is that you can actually make an income by doing it. If you know what you’re doing, you can easily make blogging a regular income-generating habit. And yes, there’s going to be hard work when you’re actually making the content because so-so articles hardly cut it anymore nowadays. There’s a lot of research and creativity involved. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier and almost automatic.
- It’s an avenue to say what you have to say. If you’re an expert at something, and you feel that your thoughts are unique and can do the world some good, then you should blog about it. Even though at times we feel the internet is becoming crowded and that our thoughts don’t really matter, there’s always room for something fresh. And somewhere out there, there are people who are looking exactly for the type of content you, and only you can dish out.
No, you don’t have to be a great writer
Contrary to popular belief, you really don’t have to be a great writer to start a blog. What’s more critical in the beginning is how you can differentiate your self from others. What value can you add to the internet? When you genuinely know the answer to this, the rest becomes easy.
For quality social media content posts, try Much.Social, the only social media post automation tool you’ll ever need.