Have you ever spent a few minutes (or hours) sucked up in Youtube or Facebook just watching video after video on your news feed? Have you ever gone online to search how to do a particular task only to be bombarded with videos in the search results? Videos are everywhere, and in case you don’t know it yet, they are a vital part of your digital marketing strategy.
Many are turned off at the idea of starting video marketing because of the notion that it is expensive. If you’re just starting out and don’t have a lot of money to spend on gear and video-editing software,
Here are a few tips for you to start video marketing on a budget.
1. Focus on content quality. Let’s face it, all the expensive equipment in the world is useless if your content sucks. Think hard about what type of content your target market will like, relate to, and what they will most likely share to their peers and circles of influence.
Keep these in mind when creating quality content:
- Answer a popular question, and answer it better than everyone else. Have you ever wanted to do something but didn’t know how and your first instinct was to go on Youtube to search for how-to videos to guide you? Youtube is the second most popular search engine for a reason. People go there because videos are a lot faster and easier to digest.
- Make it short and sweet. This is not to say that all of your content should be short. Some stories deserve more time – which is why Ted Talks are quite popular. But if you are most likely going to post your content on social media, think of your audience’s behavior. Are they most likely going to scroll through your video, or are they going to hit that play button to watch it in its entirety? Get straight to the point and remove unnecessary frames.
- Target your audience’s emotions by telling a story. Whether you’re making a sales video or just want a story told, your best bet at getting something out of it is by targeting the emotions of the people you want to watch it. This is your best bet at increasing engagement and often the cause of a video going viral.
2. Know what makes a video visually pleasing. Believe in the saying that it’s not the gear that maketh the photographer. This is true as well for videos. Nowadays, you can produce something of quality even with just your mobile phone. Most smartphones are equipped with a stellar camera, all you need to do is know the technical aspects of video-making such as lighting, using the rule of thirds, and whatnot.
3. Ask people from your company to become your actors. Unless you’re a big brand, chances are you don’t have the funds to get a big-time celebrity to star on your video. Don’t fret. You can have your employees be your on-cam talents. You’d be surprised at what they can do when they’re not on their desk buried with paperwork!
4. Just begin. The longer you wait, the longer the returns are going to be. Work with what you have. There’s no harm in beginning with a simple setup. The important thing is getting your message out there. You can
Get started on your social media marketing with Much.Social. Your first 30 days are free.