If you’re serious about marketing and are looking to up your online strategy this year, particularly your search engine optimization, this article is for you.
- Create quality content. You’ve been hearing about this for a few years now – this isn’t something new. What you might want to understand though that while the strategy of spinning 500-word articles worked like magic then, it isn’t likely to be as successful today.
Quality is what will separate yours from the sea of similar content being created day in and day out. So what makes quality content?
First, it needs to be at least 2000 words long. The ultimate goal is to answer all the questions the searcher might have about a particular topic so that they don’t bounce and look for another website to fulfill their needs.
Second, you need to sprinkle it with lots and lots of LSI keywords. These are keywords that are associated with your topic. No, they are not necessarily synonyms of your main keyword. Having enough of this type of keywords in your content will have Google thinking that your post is in-depth and would most likely have all the answers.
You can use a tool called LSI Graph to get a list of LSI keywords you can add to your content. Just go to lsigraph.com and enter your keyword. It will show you a list of keywords that are associated with your topic. Choose the ones that would make sense in your article.
Third, your content needs to be authoritative. It isn’t enough that your article is 2000 words long. It needs to actually provide value and be evergreen.
- Optimize your site for Google’s Mobile-First Index. If your website doesn’t have a mobile version by now, you are in trouble. Google is now considering your site’s mobile version to be the real version. With millions of people glued to their mobile phones, this isn’t surprising.
Instead of having a m. mobile site, it is time to switch to a responsive design. You also need to make sure that your content is consistent between the desktop and your mobile versions of your site.
- Take advantage of voice search. If you live in these times, chances are you have a mobile phone or a personal assistant device in your home. You also may have done a voice search at one point in your life. Voice search is becoming popular that almost 50% of adults do it at least once a day.
You can start optimizing your content for voice search in 2019. As majority of these searches are about answering a particular question, you can incorporate questions and answers to your content.
- Quality links still work, quality being the operative word. Both content and links are still up there along with RankBrain as top ranking factors for Google.
But how do you acquire links in 2019? The usual guest posting may not be as effective as it was a couple of years back. Nowadays, if it isn’t quality, you might not want to go that route. It could do your website more harm than good. Here are some ways you can get backlinks that your website could benefit from.
- Get backlinks from niche-relevant websites like forums, directories, and blogs.
- Guest posting may be frowned upon by some, but it is not totally bad for you if done correctly.
- You can still do blog comments, but not the one-liner spammy kind. A lot of people scan the comments section to check for additional information. If your comment adds value to the blog post, you might just get some targeted traffic back to your website.
- Look for resource broken links to replace with your own content.
These are just a few things that you might want to focus on in 2019. A lot can happen in one year in the world of SEO, so things might look different a few months down the road.
Share relevant articles on your social media without the hassle with Much.Social. Start your free trial today.