The part social media plays in the branding of a business has grown over the years. Majority of the people who are online go to social media to get customer service or provide feedback to companies. It is no surprise that more and more brands are focusing on becoming better at social media engagement. So should you.
What is social media engagement?
Engagement on social media is when any of your followers perform an action as a response to your post. It could be a like, a comment, a view, a share, etc.
Why should this be a part of your marketing strategy?
Check out these numbers:
In 2018, there were 2.27 B monthly active users on Facebook, 67 M on Twitter, 1 B on Instagram, and 1.8 B users on Youtube.
If these statistics do not convince you to start a social media marketing strategy, I don’t know what will.
How do you engage your followers?
You can have all the followers in the world, but it’s useless if you don’t know how to engage them. For a long time, only a few brands knew what they were doing with social media. It took a while for others to follow suit. Now, the social media game is stronger than ever, and if you aren’t on this train yet, you are being left behind.
Much like a conversation, social media won’t work if there’s only one speaking. Obviously, that’s why it’s called ‘social’ media. Engaging your readers is critical when building or maintaining your brand’s reputation.
Here are a 5 ways to boost your social media engagement:
- Ask questions. Ever gone on a date with someone who only talked about himself? It’s not a great experience. All you’d want to do is get out of there the soonest time possible. Same with social media, you can’t make it all about you.
- Know when to post. You can’t expect people to give you a reaction when they are not online when you publish something. Tools are now available to help you determine when your audience is the most active. Post around those times so you can get the most out of the content you’re sharing.
- Do Live. There’s no better way to humanize your brand than to have a face associated with it. You can effectively do this by periodically doing live stories on Facebook or Instagram.
- Hold contests. People like winning things. People like winning. Period. Get your followers excited with prizes. What you give doesn’t have to be big, but it should be significant to your audience.
- Use witty but relevant hashtags. One way to promote your account is by using hashtags. You readers can use these hashtags when they share your content or when they join your contests.
These are just a few of the things you can do to engage your audience on social media. Can you think of other ways or are you using something else in your strategy? Let us know.
Get your free one month trial of Much.Social, the only social media automation tool you’ll ever need.